- Atlas Air
- $53,110.00 -77,040.00/year*
143 Chrystie St
Loading some great jobs for you...
2018-1949# of Openings:
Atlas Air, IncOverview
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of line maintenance at their assigned station(s).Responsibilities
- Supervises Technical Representative(s), and/or Line Maintenance Supervisor(s) as assigned.
- Coordinates personnel schedules to provide adequate manpower coverage as needed to support of aircraft maintenance operations.
- Ensures the safe and efficient maintenance of company aircraft within their station / geographic area, in accordance with company policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for managing, coordinating and providing oversight for contract line maintenance in their station / geographic area as assigned.
- Ensures personnel under their supervision are trained and qualified in accordance with GMM policies and procedures.
- Monitors the training, qualifications and level of proficiency for maintenance personnel at assigned station(s) / geographic area.
- Monitors Flight Schedules and fleet status to ensure best use of resources, ground time and aircraft routing.
- Coordinates line maintenance requirements with MCC, Workload Planning, Materials, Quality Control, and A/C Planning Departments.
- Maintains surveillance of line maintenance activity at assigned station(s) / geographic area.
- Provides resources and technical support as necessary in cases of major mechanical problems or AOG situations.
- Improve efficiency and reliability by identifying recurring problems and recommending changes in procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating the timely repair of deferred maintenance items on aircraft transiting assigned station(s) and/or geographic area.
- Ensures shift turnover and work interruption procedures are followed to ensure incomplete maintenance work is completed before an aircraft is returned to service.
- Responsible for ensuring timely return of correct and accurate aircraft maintenance log pages to HDQ.
- Coordinates with MCC for maintenance and aircraft status information.
- Monitors mechanical problems, Aircraft and Popwerplant performance. Repeat Item and Oil Watch Programs.
- Formulates corrective action plans for mechanical problems and deferred maintenance items in coordination with MCC.
- Maintains communication with Regional Manager to ensure cost effective application.
- Ensures timely entry of log page discrepancies and parts changes in TRAX.
- Ensures personnel in their assigned station(s) / geographic areas are versed in the use of the TRAX system.
- Monitors line station spare engine status and engine change kits.
- Maintains liaison with Ground Operations and Flight Operations to ensure safe and dependable operations.
- Enforces safety procedures and practices outlined in company manuals and industry standards.
- Performs duties and responsibilities at field locations away from home base as assigned.
- Flies on company aircraft as assigned to support aircraft operations around the world.
- Performs self-audits of station(s) / geographic area as needed.
- Develops and manages station(s) / geographic area budget(s).
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Must hold a current and valid FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings.
- Must maintain Atlas Air qualification and authorization for Airworthiness Release.
- Experience on 747/767 aircraft or equivalent wide body aircraft preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience.
Associated topics: commercial, community, coordinator, facilities, general manager, lead, manager, property manager, senior care, supervise
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...